Compassionate Leave

By SPP Reporter

(For Service Personnel, their Dependants based abroad, Territorial Army and Mobilised Reservists)

If circumstances should arise whilst your relative is overseas(including N Ireland) either on a posting, at sea, or on deployment,that make it necessary for you to apply for his/her return oncompassionate grounds (such as a death in the family, serious illness orserious family crisis) you should telephone:

The Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC), Innsworth, Gloucester GL3 1HW Tel: +44 (0) 1452 519951

This number is continually manned 24 hours a day including weekends and Bank Holidays.

When you call you will be asked for the following information:Service Number, Rank, Name, Parent Unit and current location of theService person, together with full details of the relative concerned,their location and name of Doctor, Hospital and/or any otherorganisation involved in the case. Please be aware that any informationwill be verified with the appropriate organisations before CompassionateLeave Travel may be recommended and authorised.

Although you may wish to contact your relative or his/her parent unitfor advice or support, contact the JCCC directly, so that your case canbe dealt with without delay. Your relative's unit cannot authoriseCompassionate Travel, and therefore any information you pass to themwill have to be forwarded to the JCCC which will waste valuable time indealing with your request.

For further information on Welfare and Community Support services available to Service families, see the following websites:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More