The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS)

By SPP Reporter

What is CEAS?

CEAS is part of the MOD’s Directorate for Children and Young People (DCYP) and is established as a service for Service parents and their families, which can provide information, advice and, sometimes, direct support with any issue relating to the education of their children. Whether you are on the move or staying put, you can contact CEAS using the details below.

Any issue?

CEAS will help you with any issue relating to your children’s education and if we are unable to, we will point you in the direction of someone who can. In particular, we can help you with:

• Admissions to schools and admission appeals

The procedures for admitting children to schools have become more complex in recent years. Mobile Service parents sometimes find it hard, initially, to secure places for their children at the schools they want. If you are inthis situation, please do not struggle on your own – we can help you.

• Special Educational Needs (SEN)

It can be hard enough having a child with SEN without having to deal with the complexities of UK education systems together with the implications of mobility or deployment. If you register your child with us, we can help you to deal with many of these issues and/or local authorities. Just contact us to find out more. If you have a child with SEN and you are posted overseas, you must contact us before you accept the posting.

• Boarding Education

If you want to establish educational continuity for yourchildren, you may wish to consider boarding education for them. JSP 752 states that you must contact CEAS prior to making a commitment to any school.

• Retention of quarters

If your child has started GCSEs, ‘A’ Levels or is undergoing a statutory assessment of his/her SEN and a posting comes up, you can seek support from CEAS with retaining your quarter to allow these courses or assessments to be completed before your family has to move. Sometimes, other potential educational difficulties for your child caused by an assignment in a new location can be considered for such support.

How do I contact CEAS?

The CEAS helpline is available from 0930-1230 hrs and1330-1530 hrs, Monday to Fridays. An answer phone is available at other times and when the lines are busy. You can also email us or look at our website for furtherinformation.

Children’s Education Advisory Service

Trenchard Lines, Upavon, Pewsey, Wilts SN9 6BETel: 01980 618244 (Helpline) Fax: 01980 618245


Further information about the education and well-beingof Service children worldwide can be obtained from theDCYP website at: government/groups/directorate-children-andyoung-people.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More