Medical Care of Families

By SPP Reporter


The medical care of Service families in Colchester is the responsibility of the National Health Service.

Registering with a Doctor

To register with a local medical practice taking patients from your specific postcode you can log on to or call 111 for a full list of surgeries. See the previous page for a list of local surgeries.

If you need to see a doctor when your local surgery is closed an out-of-hours service is available by calling 111.

Registering with a Dentist

Call 111 or you can find out where the nearest NHS Dentist is located by visiting

Outside normal surgery hours if you are in pain and in need of urgent dental treatment the next day you can call 111.

Please note that these services are for families only and uniformed personnel should use military facilities.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More