Local Authority: North Yorkshire County Council Adult & Community Services
All new social care referrals and general enquiries should be referred through:
Customer Service Centre, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall Northallerton DL7 8AD
Tel: 0845 034 9410 Minicom: 0845 603 6391
The Customer Service Centre is open at the following times:
Monday to Friday 0800-1730 hrs and Saturday 0900-1700 hrs.
The team will discuss your enquiry with you and help you decide the sort of information or services you may require. You may wish your enquiry to be passed to specialist staff within social care services who arrange or provide services. If so, we will need to ask you for some personal information details. Adult and Community Services can arrange help such as:
• enabling support for frail or elderly people to remain independent in their own homes;
• equipment or adaptations to help people with disabilities live as independent a life as possible;
• extra care housing which provides self-contained homes with facilities and personal support to enable people to live independently;
• support for those who have a physical, visual or hearing impairment;
• support for those who have a learning disability;
• mental health services in partnership with Health;
• support for those who care for a relative or friend;
• safeguarding services to protect vulnerable adults from abuse or harm; and personal budgets which allows people the freedom to organise their own care.