Service Families Accommodation - CarillionAmey
From 1 December 2014 a new UK-wide ‘one stop’ housing service has been introduced and CarillionAmey is the company responsible for delivering the new service on behalf of the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO).
The ‘One Stop’ service now covers:
Allocations and Furniture
Maintenance and Repairs
Move In and Move Out appointments
Reporting Faults through the CarillionAmey Helpdesk
The CarillionAmey Helpdesk telephone number is:
0800 707 6000 (Freephone)
The Helpdesk is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a week and provides a translation line for non English speakers. All faults should be reported to the Helpdesk, to report a fault, you will need to call the Helpdesk and provide the Agent with the following information:
• Name • Address • Telephone number • Details of defect or problem reported.
The Agent is likely to ask you a series of questions to help identify the problem in more detail. We may also need to inspect the problem before arranging work and whether there is any immediate action you should take.
The Helpdesk advisor will then agree an appointment, with you based on the response times below:
• Emergency – attend within three hours and make safe within 24 Hours
• Urgent – Attend and rectify the problem within working five days
• Routine – Attend and rectify the problem within 15 working days
You will be provided with an AM or PM appointment on an agreed date for all your Response maintenance requests reported to the Helpdesk. You will then receive an appointment letter or email depending on your preference confirming the details for Urgent and Routine jobs.
Emergency calls are defined as a problem that could have immediate consequence for your health, safety and security, or where it is necessary to prevent serious damage to the property. In these circumstances, if arepair is complicated, it will be made safeuntil a permanent repair can be organised.
Examples of Emergency Call Outs include:
• Total loss of electrical power or light • Blockage to your only toilet.
• Blocked drains (but not gullies blocked by leaves etc.) • Loss of water supply.
• Burst pipes or taps that will not turn off (but not dripping taps) • Severe roof leaks.
• Loss of heating in winter when no other heating is available, especially where children or elderly people are affected.
Please be aware that:
• If you call out a contractor to complete an emergency repair, which is not justified, then you may be charged for the costs involved.
• Emergency problems will be made safe within 24 hrs. (Permanent repairs longer)
• If the contractor is unable to obtain reasonable access to emergency and urgent repairs they will be downgraded to routine.
Please note: Under extreme circumstances, when there is a clear and present danger to occupants, you may be instructed to vacate the premises until the danger can be made safe.
SMELL OF GAS or NO GAS? Ring Transco IMMEDIATELY on 0800 111 999.
If you smell Gas or lose your Gas supply TURN OFF THE GAS SUPPLY AT THE METER and refer to your Occupants Handbook or the Gas page in the Telephone Book for other precautionary measures.
PLEASE NOTE:- CarillionAmey will not arrange for work to be carried out on any gas system where there is an invalid gas safety certificate, except to make a system safe.